Monday 13 January 2014

ELF 32 Piece Natural Eye Palette






Ok so it seems a lot of these colours are very hit and miss but the palette has clearly been designed to dupe the naked 1 and 2 palettes - here is my review of the palette and I've tried to match the colours to the Urban Decay shades they are most similar to. I've only gone into detail on the first row and the bottom row as the middle two rows are basically different variations of the top row!!

First views

Pros - Huge selection of colours, comes with a mirror, compact size, cost
Cons - Quite a lot of samey colours, comes with an applicator (does anyone use these?) not a brush.

Row One
from Left to Right
1) Poor pigmentation - really hard to build up colour and chalky. I think this is supposed to dupe Virgin but it's not even comparable. 
2) Nice - similar to Urban Decay sidecar
3) Ok - most like Urban Decay Suspect but nowhere near as pigmented or luxurious. Very slight shimmer.
4) One of the best in the palette is very similar to Snake Bite. 

from Left to Right
5) Another crappy one - looks like Buck in the palette but in reality is a pretty poor browny poo colour :)
6) 50/50- this is a completely different colour to what it looks like in the palette - if we're comparing it to one of the Naked colours it's probably most like half baked but half baked definitely pips it to the post. Though the pigmentation is nice in the product it doesn't have a great amount of shimmer.
7) 50/50 - once again it's a bit like another pour cousin to my favorite naked colour Smog.... as before it's ok but you can tell it's not a high end shadow.
8) I suppose this is most like dark horse and while the colour is good the product felt a bit chalky.. i do like the shimmer in this colour though.

Row Two

As you can see these shades are very similar to the shades 1 to 4 on the first line of the palette - the third shade down is a really good base colour and is the best pigmented of the lighter colours in the palette.
5)Rubbish - no pigmentation or coverage.
6) Beautiful bronzey colour - though obviously not texture wise the colour really reminds me of colour tattoo on and on bronze or Naked 2's YDK maybe?
7) Adore this goldy colour - will defo be using this on night's out.
8) Fine as a basic - good coverage but I actually wore this today and it didnt stay on for very long.

Row Three
Once again not going to go to much in to these as all the first four shades on each line are very samey - stand out is probably the second one down which reminds me of Naked Sin.

These are my fave four in the palette - even though they are quite alike the other ones they quality of these is the best and I wore the third one down on Friday night and found it stayed on all night...


Row Four

From top to bottom
1) A lot of the colours are very similar in this palette but this is a better version of the first colour in the palette, the pigmentation and coverage is loads better and this is a very good dupe for UD Virgin.
2) Lovely bronzey brown colour - think this would be perfect with a navy for a smokey eye
3) Looks a lot like the shade before it but has a bit more shimmer to it - a bit like UD toasted
4) I like this a lot - its a very shimmery taupe sort of colour and is something you can wear everyday or in the evening. 

(from top to bottom)
These are strange as in the palette they all look very different but when you swatch them they look quite alike. 
5) Very very dark grey-y brown - the pigment in this is ace and would be great along with the others for the dark part of a smokey eye.
6) Another very dark brown but with quite a bit of shimmer in it - this is like a less glittery version of covet.
7)  Dark Grey with a good amount of shimmer
8) Black with a tad of shimmer - this is not a good black and though it looks ok swathed on the finger once you get it on the eye there is barely anything left.

Overall
Ok so it's a bit of a mixed bag but definately worth the money i paid for it.. ok so it's probably not going to replace my beloved naked palettes but its great for using for work as a cheaper alternative. 



25 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any of the regular elf eyeshadows but I do like their individual baked eyeshadows.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a really pretty palette! I love all of the colors, especially the golds. I have never tried ELF before, maybe i should. :)
    xo
    www.plushluxexo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review!!

    www.thestylebender.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo the colors are so pretty! I love how natural they look, and that it has some shades with a little shimmer in them.
    Nice blog!

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely palette :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4602025/andystyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review and nice palette - I have been looking for a cheaper alternative to the Naked palettes!

    http://kelsielaurenxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try the MUA ones i think they're probably a little better..

      Delete
  7. WOW! That's a lot of neutral shades! Definitely something perfect for smokey eyes lovers!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love how you blog, you put a lot of pictures which is good to explain your words. I am thinking of trying the ELF palette now, going to order it.
    thetomboyslife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great!

    Kelly x

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These colors are so lovely, great review! :)

    FASHIONARTED
    http://www.fashionarted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the look of this, I could literally just have this in my collection for eye shadows!
    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this looks amazing for such a good price - even if all of them aren't perfect, they're still lovely! xx

    Gem // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, so many colours. They do seem quite similar though, think they just tried to cram as many in as possible! Still a great cheaper Naked option though!


    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a big fan of neautral tone eye shadow palettes! I would love to try this one as well! :)


    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for commenting on my blog, lovely! The name of your blog made me laugh (I know how you feel ha!) This palette looks pretty good! I always use my naked 2, but want more beiges/browns xx
    http://milimola.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colours look amazing <3

    x Maria
    Have a look at my newest Outfitpost
    featuring my new midi skirt

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice colours! Thanks for sharing :)

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm really surprised by how good this palette looks, as I've never been overly blown away by ELF products. This actually looks great quality!

    Thank you for your kind comment on my New Years resolutions post, it really made me smile - unfortunately I only just noticed it today! x

    www.lolaandbehold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. How well do you think it stays on? I'm curious, I've tried the E.L.F under-eye setting powder (it was a dollar, yay!) but never the eyeshadows. You'll have to let me know! <3 Emily

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and will always check out links for your lovely blogs :)